Job Title: Registered Nurse – Neonatal Unit
Trust Location: Dudley
Pay Rates: From £17.01 incl. Holiday Pay
Shift Patterns: Early, Lates, Nights, Long Days, Weekends & Bank Holidays
The post holder will be responsible for the assessment of care needs and the development and implementation and evaluation of programmes of care with supervision. They will be required to actively participate in the teaching and supervision of students and junior nurses. The post holder will also be required to undertake an identified lead/link nurse role for the neonatal unit.
You’ll need to have the following qualification/experience:
- A minimum of 6 months paid experience in an acute nursing environment within a hospital in the last 3 years
- Comply with NMC Professional Registration and keep up to date with current nursing practices
- Neonatal Intensive care course
- Ensure accurate records are kept in accordance with CHS policy and NMC guidelines.
- Undertake regular mandatory training
What you’ll be responsible for
- To develop skills and knowledge in the care of special care babies and with further support and training progress to care of high dependency/intensive care babies. Staff will be seconded to undertake the Neonatal Foundation course and the Neonatal Intensive Care course.
- To manage and organise care for a group of babies and their families/carers, prioritising care according to need.
- To assess, plan, implement and evaluate care for babies and their families ensuring excellence in practice is maintained.
- To communicate effectively with babies and their families/carers to ensure that information needs are met.
- To ensure babies and their parents/carers are given information about their babies’ care and treatment to facilitate parental involvement in decision making.
- To perform additional clinical roles relevant to the specialty and participate in the training, supervision and assessment of others learning these roles.
You’ll receive the following benefits:
- First choice of shifts or placements at your Trust – access before they are made available to agency
- Wellbeing incentives – take advantage of the wellbeing hub
- Competitive pay rates – work this week, get paid next week
- Manage your shifts and timesheets on the go – access your “My Bank” shift portal anywhere, anytime online or through your smartphone
- Essential support when you need it – 24/7 365 days – Call us anytime
- Multi-locational - work across neighbouring Trusts
- Varied working options to suit your lifestyle – access to the Bank gives you options of ad hoc shifts or fixed term placements
- Training and development opportunities
- Build holiday allowance for every shift you work
- Stakeholder pension scheme available
*Depending on the Trust, you may require variable additional certification and skills.
Who are NHS Professionals?
We are NHS Professionals (NHSP), working together to care for patients in the NHS. Providing you with the power to decide when, how, and where you want to work. Supporting your lifestyle and making you feel part of the team and community.
By joining us you can look forward to a choice of flexible Bank shifts across any of our client Trusts in England, as well as the ability to develop professionally and gain experience in several wards or areas.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.