Job Title: Registered Mental Health Nurse
Trust Location: Boston
Pay Rates: £14.53 - £23.24 + Holiday pay
Shift Pattern(s): Days
As a Mental Health Nurse, you’re not only supporting service users and patients in their most challenging times, but also mentoring them to become the best version of themselves.
Having an open mind and a flexible approach to care is key within this sector. This will enable you to establish the best possible ways to care for your service user or patient. You will develop exceptionally positive and robust relationships with patients and their families, building trust and confidence.
As part of the Lincolnshire foundation trust Maple Lodge, located in Fishtoft on the outskirts of Boston, offers 15 mixed gender full residential rehabilitation service to support and enable the recovery of our adult service users. People who are admitted to Maple Lodge for rehabilitation will usually have come from other hospital wards. They are likely to have had unusual or intense experiences and frightening thoughts for a period of time, which may still worry them.
NHS Professionals Mental Health Nurse Testimonial:
“A typical day is varied with different roles and levels of responsibility; you’re kept busy but not taken advantage of. What I love most about the role is variety, being made part of the team even if just for a shift. Staff on the wards are very supportive and give good orientations and information to support me in my role.”
Whatever your motivations, if you have a passion for mental health nursing and would like to join a supportive team with inspiring leadership and support, we’d love to hear from you.
We currently have work available within the Lincolnshire partnership foundation trust at the following locations for Mental health registered nurses:
- Ash Villa – Sleaford
- Ward 12 & Maple lodge - Boston
- The Vales & Ellis and castle wards at the Peter Hodgkinson Centre - Lincoln
You’ll receive the following benefits:
- Exclusive access to first choice of shifts or placements at your Trust – before they are made available to agencies
- Wellbeing incentives – take advantage of the wellbeing hub
- Competitive pay rates – work this week, get paid next week
- Manage your shifts and timesheets on the go – access your “My Bank” shift portal anywhere, anytime online or through your smartphone
- Essential support when you need it – 24/7 365 days – Call us anytime
- Multi-locational - work across neighbouring Trusts if you wish to
- Varied working options to suit your lifestyle – access to the Bank gives you options of ad hoc shifts or fixed term placements
- Training and development opportunities
- Build holiday allowance for every shift you work
- Stakeholder pension scheme available
What you’ll be responsible for:
- You will be involved in providing a high level of safe and effective care
- Be responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care
- Adhere to all Trust policies, procedures and guidelines
- Liaise with the multidisciplinary team
- Provide mentorship and support to others
The role will involve, but not be limited to you performing the above.
You’ll need to have the following qualification/experience:
- A minimum of 6 months paid experience in a Mental Health Hospital environment within the last 3 years
- NMC Professional Registration and keep up to date with current nursing practices
- As part of our on boarding check will we also need to see a copy of your Academic Qualification
Please note; You’ll be required to complete PMVA training provided by the trust at no cost to you and you’ll be paid shifts for the time spent in training.
Who are NHS Professionals?
We are NHS Professionals (NHSP), working together to care for patients in the NHS. Providing you with the power to decide when, how, and where you want to work. Supporting your lifestyle and making you feel part of the team and community.
By joining us you can look forward to a choice of flexible Bank shifts across any of our client Trusts in England, as well as the ability to develop professionally and gain experience in several wards or areas.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.